The IYCS held its 2nd International Chaplains and Animators Formation Exchange (I-CAFE) in Nonthaburi, Thailand from 7-13 March 2018, writes Althea Gwynne M. Geronilla from IYCS Asia.
The I-CAFÉ brought over 23 delegates composed of chaplains, animators and student representatives from eight Asian countries: Thailand, Taiwan, China, Philippines, Vietnam, India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
The theme was “Rekindling the Joy of the Gospel in the Student Milieu.” from 07 to 13th March 2018 at the St. Gabriel’s Academic and Recreation Center, Nonthaburi Province, Thailand. IYCS International Chaplain Fr. Charles Menezes facilitated the Session
The objectives of the event were:
1) To foster students and youth engagement in Church and society through the accompaniment of Chaplains and Animators; and
2) To create a platform for exchange of ideas and experiences of the chaplains and animators from different countries.
At the same time, YCS Thailand also celebrated 60th anniversary of its establishment and held various trainings and programs for their National Movement (Key Leaders Camp, National Camp, and the grand Anniversary Celebration).
Conclusions from the I-CAFÉ included:
- Having regular reflections; Continuous learning and self-improvement
- Becoming Persons of faith; Persons of trust; Morally sound and spiritually strong; Be a spiritual and renewed person; Person of God
- Listening and exchangeingviews with the students; Truly listening from the heart
- Organizing formation and training programs
- Developing resource material to guide the animator in accompanying the youth.
- Having a clear vision and mission to accompany young people
- Conducting regular and effective cell meetings following the See, Judge and Act methodology
- Being updated with the teachings of the Church, and
- Being available for all the situations of life they may face
IYCS rekindling the joy of the gospel in the students milieu (IYCS)